Wednesday, 23 June 2021
Why did the turkey cross the street?
Another pleasant walk in the National Cemetery this
afternoon. One of the things that often intrigue me when I wander through the many pathways between the burial plots is that I do not recall
ever seeing birds there even though it is full of trees of every variety.
Today, though, two exceptionally large wild turkeys crossed the road
just in front of me. What the cemetery lacks in quantity of avian
creatures, it more than makes in the size of the ones who do inhabit its grounds.
I don’t know why they were crossing the street though. "To get to the
other side” would be a reasonable enough assumption.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I previously spoke about “my gang” . I know that the term has a deep history of the “us against them” mentality, the “insider and outsider” ...
-
J’ai longtemps pensé, comme bien d’autres le font, que cette « bénédiction » du Père était une conséquence de mes « bonnes actions », une ré...
-
Mon gendre Stephen est un grand amateur de pêche et de chasse. C’est de son père qu’il a reçu cette passion pour ces activités en pleine nat...
-
I’ve had many excellent theology teachers, but the best ones were my children. When they were young, they would often pick dandelions and ...
-
I love telling stories, but I also enjoy hearing or reading a good story. Father Ron Rolheiser is a master storyteller and that is one of th...
-
I’m thinking of my grandson Victor. I can see him barreling at full speed in his back yard or in his house, for the sheer pleasure of doing ...

No comments:
Post a Comment