This is the birthday present my granddaughter Katherine gave me for my birthday. A stuffed likeness of me with a head in the shape of a heart, mischievous-looking button eyes, a large grin, and superhero-style eyeglasses. If that is how my granddaughter sees me – a happy, regally crowned hero who is all heart – I don’t mind growing old one bit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I previously spoke about “my gang” . I know that the term has a deep history of the “us against them” mentality, the “insider and outsider” ...
-
J’ai longtemps pensé, comme bien d’autres le font, que cette « bénédiction » du Père était une conséquence de mes « bonnes actions », une ré...
-
Mon gendre Stephen est un grand amateur de pêche et de chasse. C’est de son père qu’il a reçu cette passion pour ces activités en pleine nat...
-
I’ve had many excellent theology teachers, but the best ones were my children. When they were young, they would often pick dandelions and ...
-
I love telling stories, but I also enjoy hearing or reading a good story. Father Ron Rolheiser is a master storyteller and that is one of th...
-
I’m thinking of my grandson Victor. I can see him barreling at full speed in his back yard or in his house, for the sheer pleasure of doing ...

No comments:
Post a Comment